Our School ECO Representatives for 2017/2018
We got our 3rd Green Flag in May 2018
The Director and Assistant Director of Eco Schools came and assessed us and they weren't disappointed.
Here's what they had to say...
"It was an absolute pleasure to visit St Augustine's.The Eco-Committee were so passionate and knowledgeable and really nice children - we left feeling like the world is in safe hands in future generations.
The children were able to speak passionately about the work they are doing in school and the two Eco-Coordinators at the school should be applauded for instilling such a sense of responibility into their Eco-Committee.
Changes the Eco-Committee had made were easy to see around the school such as the planting areas and their fundrasing efforts and over the years the school's participation in the Green Flag programme has obviously led to the development of fantastic school grounds.
We left feeling like the children were the drivers in making ecological improvments to the school. Their Eco-Coordinators allowed them to talk and share ideas and valued their ideas. One child said he would like to see an evergreen tree in the school grounds and I would imagine that during St Augustine's next assessment there will be one."
WE ARE A GREEN FLAG SCHOOL!!!
St Augustine ’s CE Primary School Eco Code:
- Carbon dioxide emissions must be reduced.
- Litter should be picked up and put in the bin.
- If you can, walk, cycle, take the bus or share cars.
- Make do, mend and recycle clothing and textiles.
- Always shut windows and doors when the heating is on.
- Turn off the lights if you are not in the room.
- Eat healthy foods and lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Computers should not be left on standby.
- Help to save water by turning off the taps.
- Always compost fruit waste.
- Nurture the outdoor environment.
- Grow fruit and vegetables.
Enjoy the benefits of an eco friendly environment
Have a look at our slideshow below.
We have been working really hard to maintain our outdoor areas, planters, raised beds and the pond.
We have planted fruit and vegetables in our raised beds that we will cook with once they are ready to be harvested.
In March, the Eco Group went to Langley Recycling Centre to find out how our household waste is recycled.
Watch the slideshow to find out what they got up to.
Click on the picture below to be taken to the Interactive Eco-School on the Eco Schools web page. Have a look around and click on the information bubbles to find out more about what we have to do to be a Green Flag school.