Year 6 Links
Here are lots of links to help you practise at home. If you need to ask anything just fill in the comments at the bottom of the page and I will reply as soon as I can!
Here with a lovely link for reading today. There is free access to loads of amazing books at the minute, try the link below to read them...
Don't forget you also have access to loads of free ebooks on your Pearson Active Learn account (login details are on our Google Classroom).
- Your top priority this week is to log in to your Century account - https://app.century.tech/login/ - using the information posted in our Google Classroom, if you've not yet joined our classroom yet the link has been set to your email. Please make sure you have a go it this- it is fantastic!
- Also explore your new Pearson Active Learn account - https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?e=-610&c=0# - I will also post your login details for this in our Google Classroom later today.
- These two links will cover everything for reading, writing, grammar and maths so they will save you time and teach exactly what you need!
- Try some of these White Rose Maths lessons - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-6/
- David Walliams is also sharing an audio story every day, tune in to listen here - https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- Some of the skills on Numbots are more relevant for younger children but might be good for practise of basic skills. The login details are the same as your Times Tables Rockstars ones, so it will work for younger brothers and sisters as well - https://play.numbots.com/#/account/school-login/3922
- Try signing up for 'The Maths Factor' which is free during school closures and looks very good - https://www.themathsfactor.com/
- Log in to Century - https://app.century.tech/login/ - using the information posted in our Google Classroom, if you've not yet joined our classroom yet the link has been set to your email.
- Listen to some audio stories on BBC Radio, obviously not quite as good as my shared reading, but close enough for now - https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/school-radio/english-ks1--ks2--ks3-index/zf34gwx
- These ten minute test from CGP look good, both maths and grammar - https://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/resources/ks2-sats-online-10-minute-tests
- Daily timetable and activities from Twinkl - https://www.twinkl.co.uk/home-learning-hub
- Try these fun Brain Training challenges..
- Times Table Rockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Maths Frame - https://mathsframe.co.uk/
- Corbett Maths - https://corbettmathsprimary.com/5-a-day/
- BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z7ch6v4
- Maths 4 Everyone - https://www.maths4everyone.com/resources/sats-questions-by-topic.html
- Topmarks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/mental-maths
- Oxford Owl - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/oxford-owl-videos/maths-videos/
- Nrich - https://nrich.maths.org/9086
- IXL - https://uk.ixl.com/math/year-6
- Classroom Secrets Kids - https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/category/year-6/year-6-maths/
- Play Nim - https://www.transum.org/Software/Nim/
Maths Knowledge Organisers:
|Number and Place Value.pdf||Download|
|Perimeter Area and Volume.pdf||Download|
|Properties of Shape.pdf||Download|
More maths activities to test your skills on:
|A Car Free World.pdf||Download|
|Alfred the Great.pdf||Download|
|Energy and Population.pdf||Download|
|Kodomo No Hi Festival.pdf||Download|
|SATs Style Practise Paper.pdf||Download|
|Sources of Electrical Power.pdf||Download|
More New Reading Practise:
Grammar, Punctuation and Spelling Practise:
- Oxford Owl - https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/welcome-back/for-home/reading-owl/english--1
- Classroom Secrets Kids - https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/category/year-6/year-6-gps/
- BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zhrrd2p
- Topmarks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/english-games/7-11-years/spelling-and-grammar
- Learn English Kids - https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/grammar-practice/
- Education Quizzes - https://www.educationquizzes.com/ks2/english/
- KS2 Literacy Spelling - http://www.keystage2literacy.co.uk/spellings-menu.html
- Spelling Frame - https://spellingframe.co.uk/
Use the creative writing prompts at http://www.pobble365.com/or below...
Have a look here for creative writing tips - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/kids-activities/creative-writing/
Home Learning- Maths, Reading, Writing, Grammar and more:
Topic Grids which we created together:
There are currently no comments.