At St Augustine's, we pride ourselves on delivering regular high, quality trips. Our educational trips and visitors usually directly link to one of the subjects which the children are learning about. We also a residential trip to children in Year 6, which helps them to build up their independence, ready for secondary school.
Why are trips important?
- Out of classroom learning makes a unique contribution to a child’s education, offering fantastic opportunities and rewards to both children and teachers alike.
- Helps to enrich the curriculum and improve educational attainment.
- Boosts self-esteem and motivation.
- Develops Key Skills.
- Assists in developing and enhancing social skills.
- Promotes health, fitness, fun and enjoyment.
- Help to build stronger links between schools and communities.
- Broaden a child’s horizons and their knowledge of the world around them.
Below you can see examples of some of the trips which we take our classes on...
Manchester Art Gallery
Church of the Saviour
Stockport Air Raid Shelters
...and there are so many more!