How to help your child
We need YOU to help US do the best for all of our children!
Follow these handy hints to get the best out of school for you and your child!
- Always establish good habits and routines that support your child’s education. Remember to read with them, do homework together and have strict bedtimes
- Make sure that uniforms are ready for the next morning. Get organised in the morning and arrive at school on time. Anytime after 8 o’clock, but before 8.50!
- Take an interest in your child’s education. Ask them about what they have learnt in school, and any activities they’ve taken part in
- Ensure your child understands the benefits of regular attendance; to do well academically and also to enjoy time with friends
- Encourage reading at home; have magazines, newspapers and books around the house or join the library
- Try to avoid unnecessary absences. Wherever possible make medical appointments outside of school hours and remember to ALWAYS take family holidays in school holiday time
- Communicate with us; ring if your child is ill and send medical evidence or a note when they return
- Build a positive relationship with us; attend parents’ evenings, assemblies and meetings.