On this page you will find links to information about E-Safety.
The internet is a fantastic tool that we can all use to help us in many different ways. It can be used to help our learning but it can also be used to play games and stay connected with our friends and family through social media and gaming!
It is very important that our children know how to use the internet safely so that they can enjoy online activities without getting themselves into any danger.
Watch the video below to understand a little bit more about internet safety.
What children do online and through social networking
Children and young people go online to connect with friends, and make new ones, to browse the internet for information, chat with others and play games. They may:
- search for information or content on search engines like Google and Bing
- share images and watch videos through websites or mobile apps like Instagram, Pinterest, Vine andYouTube
- use social networking websites like Facebook and Twitter
- write or reply to messages on forums and message boards
- play games alone or with others through websites, apps or game consoles
- chat with other people through online games, BBM (Blackberry Messenger), game consoles, webcams, social networks and tools like Whatsapp
When online, children and young people can learn new things, get help with homework, express themselves creatively and connect with friends and family.
There are also risks, but by understanding and talking about the dangers you can help keep your child safe online.
For more information, click on the link below from the NSPCC.
DITTO is a free online safety magazine. It is full of handy hints as to how to keep your child safe online. It also helps by sharing information about new and upcoming Apps that you may not yet know about.
Click on the links below to access the magazine.
Click on the link for the latest edition of Ditto
Staying safe on Minecraft
Click on the link above to read an article about Minecraft and how to keep your child safe while on it.
Net aware: Parents review kids’ social networks, apps & games
Netware is a parents’ guide to the social networks children and young people use. Stay up to date and keep your child safe in today’s digital world.